Thursday, January 21, 2010

29 Weeks and growing like a weed!!

I haven't had much to write about these last couple of weeks, but David keeps telling me that I need to update this crazy thing! So after about 2 weeks, we finally got the nursery painted (and when I say "we", I really mean David and his dad!!). So after the painting was finished, I grabbed the Uppercase Living design for the wall above the crib and went to work. I held it in place while David did the measuring, and once we got it centered and rubbed onto the wall, it looks BEAUTIFUL! David then hung the curtains, and we got all the furniture moved back into the room...everything is definitely coming together!! I'll try to get some pictures posted here in the next couple of days.

So this Saturday marks 29 weeks! People here at work are starting to make comments about how my belly has just really started to "pop"....and some say it's deceiving because I am still so small. I lost 15 lbs in my first trimester, and have only gained 2 of those back. Dr. Stevens isn't worried about the baby's growth rate or weight. She says babies are a lot like "parasites" int he fact that they will take what they need first, and then my body will get the leftovers. I've not really been worried about Crissie growing anyway, simply because I can tell that she's getting bigger and stronger with each passing day. I just love laying in bed each night, feeling her settling in for a nice long nap. It's fun to play the guessing game with David too, when there's a random body part pressing on the side of my abdominal wall. :)

I go back to see Dr. Stevens next Wednesday, the 27th, for a check-up. After this next visit, I should be starting my bi-weekly check-ups, which simply means the big day is just growing closer!! My first shower is in Maryville on February 27th, at Maggie's, and we are super excited!! I'll try to get some new pictures up here soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment